Composite Lodge #28 A.F. & A.M. was born on April 5th, 2006 by the combination of four local Masonic lodges including Morning Star Lodge #28, Apollo Lodge #59, Doric Lodge #94 and Euclid Lodge #109. This merger of the four lodges to create Composite Lodge #28 was approved during the 2006 Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of the State of Connecticut that was held in Farmington. Composite’s name comes from the Composite order of architecture which is defined as a Roman column that combines characteristics of the Ionic and Corinthian orders of architecture. Its number comes from the oldest of its heritage lodges, Morning Star Lodge #28. Morning Star Lodge #28 was chartered in May 15th, 1794, and was located in Warehouse Point, East Windsor. Apollo Lodge #59 was chartered in June 1st, 1820 and was located in Suffield. Doric Lodge #94 was chartered on June 9th, 1864 and located in Enfield. Euclid Lodge #109 was chartered May 17th, 1869 and was located in Windsor Locks. Composite Lodge #28 now meets in the Town of Suffield in the building that was previously occupied by both Apollo Lodge #59 and Euclid Lodge #109.
Mark E. Blackaby ~ Historian
Andrew C. Work ~ Assistant Historian